I'm A Celeb: Boy George calls Charlene 'bossy'
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Following reports that Boy George is earning half a million for his I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! stint, fans of the show were quick to share their thoughts online. Many were left questioning why such a huge amount was necessary given his successful career.
Earlier this year, the singer even jokingly boasted about not needing to go onto the show due to his song Karma Chameleon being a money-making hit.
After performing the song on Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, a curious Dec asked him what the song was about.
He sassily replied: “It means I’ll never have to say I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!” which caused the pair to laugh.
The Culture Club star went on to say he’d be tempted if there was a vegan version of the show.
Defending his reported high fee, former winner Christopher Biggins has insisted the singer is worth it.
He spilled: “I think Boy George is such a huge booking.
“I mean he’s a huge popstar, a huge personality and he’s getting half a million.”
Christopher added that the musician must’ve been chosen due to his “outspoken” personality.
So far this series, he has complained about the way Charlene White handles the dinner situation.
The campmate said didn’t like being told what to do and complained about how his mushrooms were cooked.
Christopher went on to say despite the contestants’ earnings, it was the winner who usually earns the most.
The actor earned ten times less than Boy George in the 2007, but went on to earn £1m the following year after winning.
Eamonn Holmes regrets ‘stupid’ error as Lorraine Kelly dodged tax row [ADMISSION]
Jools Holland caught totally naked backstage by guest Courtney Love [REVEALED]
Matt Baker’s daughter Molly reflects on heartbreaking call he received [LATEST]
He explained to Mail Online on their Jungle Confidential podcast: “Forgetting the money, it changes your whole profile and what I think is great about it, and my look on it, is the fact that I won it because the public voted for me.
“And now that is quite amazing and that is so fulfilling to think the public liked you enough to pay [to vote].”
Tonight, Matt Hancock and Seann Walsh will enter the jungle and it’s likely the former’s appearance will ruffle a few feathers.
The ex Health Secretary was forced to step down from his role after being caught kissing his aide last year.
At the time, social distancing rules were in place due to the rise of Covid-19 cases.
Christopher added he believes the politician will “suffer” on the show.
Matt has said he wanted to “go where the people are” and not sit in “ivory towers” in Westminster as his reasoning for signing up.
I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! continues tomorrow night at 9pm on ITV.
Source: Read Full Article