Celebrities

Prince Harry and Meghan Markles Oprah interview loses at Emmys to Stanley Tucci’s travel show

Get daily celeb exclusives and behind the scenes house tours direct to your inbox

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry'sOprah Winfrey interview lost out at the Emmy Awards on Sunday 12 September.

The Duke and Duchess' two-hour sit down with Oprah, 67, hit headlines all over the world as they made explosive revelations about their experience in the Royal Family, including accusations that a member of the family raised concerns about the colour of their first child's skin.

Meghan, 40, also revealed how she suffered with suicidal thoughts while she was pregnant with son Archie, but was "denied help".

The highly-discussed interview sparked conversations across the globe and is said to have sent shockwaves through the Royal Family, as it was watched by more than 49 million people across the world in three days, according to CBS.

Meghan, Harry, 36, and Oprah's explosive one-off show was later nominated for the Emmy for hosted nonfiction series or special.

Other contenders included My Next Guest Needs No Introduction With David Letterman and Vice Showtime.

But, the award was presented to Stanley Tucci: Searching For Italy, which is a travel and food show.

Harry and Meghan, who reportedly left the palace "stunned" by their recent olive branch, did not attend the event on Sunday.


The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have embarked on a number of new projects after they announced their decision to step away from their roles as senior members of the Royal Family.

Meghan and Harry reportedly signed a deal with Netflix shortly after moving to the US and it's now been predicted they may be working on a movie with the streaming platform.

Omid Scobie – one of the authors of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's unauthorised biography Finding Freedom – claimed he has spoken to Netflix about the couple's 2022 plans, and teased that fans "don't know the half" of what's coming their way.

The 38 year old appeared on the podcast Royally Obsessed last week, where he gave his take on what the future could hold for Harry and Meghan.

Become an OK! VIP and see all our exclusives – for free!

Become an OK! VIP and you will unlock access to all of our big exclusives…

Be the first to meet the latest showbiz babies, see the most sought after wedding pictures of the year, or take a guided tour around your favourite star's lavish multi-million pound home – all for free!

Sign up here

He divulged: "All that was said to me was, 'Oh man, you don't even know the half of what they're working on. They are aiming so high'. I think one thing that may surprise at some point, and this is just my own guess, is when we're going to hear some sort of movie announcement.

"It's only a matter of time before they have acquired the rights to a really incredible story that they're able to bring to life through a movie or television drama," he continued.

"We've heard a lot about the non-scripted work but there is that whole side of the production company that is scripted.

"It's only a matter of time before that comes to life and I think that's really exciting because it's a side of them we've never seen or heard of before but one they're really eager to get into."

For all your updates on Meghan Markle, Prince Harry and the Royal Family sign up to our daily OK! newsletter.

Source: Read Full Article