Rylan Clark has vehemently denied he’s the BBC presenter who has allegedly been taken off air for soliciting ‘sexual photos’ of a teenager.
Last night a story broke that a male BBC star had was reportedly being investigated for providing money in exchange for explicit photos.
The well-known presenter, who has not been named, has been accused of giving over £35,000 to a teen for the imagery.
While the teenager at the centre of the allegations is now 20, the situation is said to have begun when they were 17, with their mother saying that money received was used to fund a drug addiction.
After rumours began swirling on social media about who the man may be, Rylan, who has worked for the BBC since 2018 on shows such as Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two, stepped in.
‘Not sure why my names floating about but re that story in The Sun- that ain’t me babe,’ he posted on Twitter.
‘I’m currently filming a show in Italy for the BBC, so take my name out ya mouths,’ he added, referring to Will Smith’s infamous line from last year’s Oscars, when he told host Chris Rock to keep wife Jada Smith’s name ‘out of his f***ing mouth’.
His statement came after he commented on a post of the newspaper’s front page being shared ahead of publication.
Late on Friday night, Rylan wrote on The Sun’s post: ‘It’s s*** like this that makes Twitter wild, I’m filming a new show in Italy for the BBC.’
When speaking about the alleged incident, the young person’s mother said that seeing the presenter involved on telly made her ‘sick’.
‘I blame this BBC man for destroying my child’s life,’ she added.
Then going on to explain the impact of the alleged exchange on her child, the mother said they had turned from ‘a happy-go-lucky youngster to a ghost-like crack addict’.
The upset mother blamed the star for ‘taking my child’s innocence and handing over the money for crack cocaine that could kill my child’.
It is claimed she complained to the BBC on May 19, whereby she also asked the channel to stop the star from sending money.
She alleged to have seen bank statements that show deposits as large as £5,000.
‘The money had been in exchange for sexually explicit photographs of my child,’ she said.
In a statement to Metro.co.uk the BBC said it treats ‘any allegations very seriously’ and had ‘processes in place to proactively deal with them’.
‘As part of that, if we receive information that requires further investigation or examination we will take steps to do this.
‘That includes actively attempting to speak to those who have contacted us in order to seek further detail and understanding of the situation.’
But it added that: ‘If we get no reply to our attempts or receive no further contact that can limit our ability to progress things but it does not mean our enquiries stop.’
‘If, at any point, new information comes to light or is provided – including via newspapers – this will be acted upon appropriately, in line with internal processes.’
Metro.co.uk has contacted representatives for Rylan Clark for additional comment.
Got a story?
If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.
Source: Read Full Article