THE best shampoo for hair loss will be different for everyone as thinning hair can be triggered by so many different things.
The exact cause can also vary between men and women, which is why there are so many products out there designed to target specific concerns.
Before you start investing in expensive treatments and products, there are a few things you can do first.
If you have long hair for example, you can prevent stress at the root by:
- Giving hair a break from the straighteners – heat will take a toll on your strands, creating a dry, brittle texture that will break easily.
- Avoiding hair extensions – the glue, micro-bonds and tightly-woven plaits that allow extensions to be attached will cause damage to your natural hair.
- Not pulling the strands too tight when you are plaiting or putting your hair in a bun – this stress will cause hair to break near the root or even a receding hairline
- Not over-brushing – simply comb through your hair before you have a shower and then once again in the morning before beginning work or school.
- Changing your parting – do you always wear your hair in the middle? Give these strands a break once in a while by styling it to the side instead.
The NHS has an extensive guide for how to treat and deal with hair loss, which you can find here.
Best shampoo for hair loss at a glance
- Best vitamin-enriched formula: Vichy Dercos energising shampoo for hair loss
- Best for sensitive scalps: Sebamed anti-hairloss shampoo
- Best hair care set: Hairburst shampoo and conditioner
- Best root-strengthening product: Alpecin Liquid Hair Energizer
- Best hair loss bundle: Nourkrin hair growth supplements with shampoo and conditioner
- Best refreshing treatment: Kevin.Murphy Stimulate-Me.Wash
- Best for fine hair: Grow Gorgeous Intense Growth discovery kit
- Best budget treatment: Pantene Grow Strong shampoo with bamboo and biotin
- Best for hair loss due to menopause: Plantur 39 caffeine shampoo
- Best budget shampoo for ageing hair: Dove pro age therapy shampoo
- Best volumising shampoo: Viviscal Gorgeous Growth densifying shampoo
- Best unisex formula: Australian Bodycare hair loss wash
- Best for use during pregnancy: Klorane strengthening shampoo
- Best luxury shampoo: MONPURE London strengthening silk protein shampoo
Best vitamin-enriched formula: Vichy Dercos energising shampoo for hair loss
- Vichy Dercos energising shampoo for hair loss, £12.50 from Boots – buy here
French pharmacy brand Vichy's haircare range has really got people talking – in particular, they love the brand's anti-hair loss shampoo.
The best-selling shampoo is enriched with vitamins PP, B5 and B6, which specifically target hair loss.
With a hypoallergenic formula and no parabens, it's great for those with sensitive skin and can be used with extensions if need be. It is also gentle enough to be used daily.
Source: Read Full Article