Looking for an easy recipe that friends and family can tuck into over the last few days of bright weather?
Well, a Reddit poster has gone viral for their delicious take on chicken wings which doesn’t require any spice.
While lots of us enjoy spicy hot wings some children and less spice-loving pals can’t dig in – so this recipe is the perfect crowd pleaser for garden parties and BBQs.
The recipe was liked a whopping 24,200 time when user sprinkles apple shared it on the r/Food sub-forum.
They captioned the snap: “Homemade garlic parmesan wings.”
And, boy ,were people excited to try the flavourful dish themselves.
Here’s how to make them:
Garlic Parmesan Wings
For the wings
- 2.5lbs bone-in chicken wings
- 1 tablespoon of veg oil
- Seasonings of your choice. I used – black pepper, garlic powder, poultry seasoning, cayenne, and salt.
For the garlic parmesan sauce:
- 3/4 c. butter
- 2 heaping tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of freshly grated parmesan
- 1.5 tablespoons powder/green bottle parmesan
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Pinch red chili flakes (optional – leave out if you don't want any kick)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- Salt & pepper to taste
For the Wings:
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C). Pat wings dry.
- Transfer wings to bowl and drizzle with oil. Season chicken with seasonings of choice.
- Place chicken onto a wire rack lined cookie sheet.
- Bake chicken for 40-50 mins, flipping wings halfway through.
- Turn broiler / grill on high and bake wings for five mins until wings are golden brown.
For the sauce:
- Place butter, minced garlic, seasonings, and parsley into a skillet on medium heat. Don't add any of the cheese, It'll melt and be goopy. Cook until the garlic has softened. five to seven mins. Remove the skillet from the heat, add zest.
- Place wings in a heat-proof bowl and pour garlic butter mixture over wings. Add both freshly and powder parmesan over wings. Toss to coat.
In the comments, over 350 people went wild for the wings.
One person said: “Hi there, thanks for the recipe, I'm 100% going to do these! My wing game is pretty decent – wings I make in the oven are better than most wings I get out at a bar/restaurant.
“The main game changer for me? I add baking powder to the dry rub. There is a chemical reaction and it really crisps them up beautifully.”
Another added: “These sound delicious! I will try them this weekend. “
“I wish restaurant's would put this much garlic and Parm on my garlic knots, never enough,” a third said. “Wings look beautiful.”
What do you think – do these wings sounds like a dream or what? Tell us in the comments…
Source: Read Full Article