Martin Lewis advises on mortgage holidays in latest lockdown
Lockdown has yet again meant that high street stores far and wide have been forced to close to quell the spread of coronavirus around the UK. Non-essential retailers have been told to shut up shop during the third lockdown England has experienced in the past year, with Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales bringing in similar measures.
Only the following facilities are allowed to stay open during this lockdown:
- Agricultural supplies shops
- Animal rescue centres, boarding facilities, and animal groomers
- Automatic (but not manual) car washes
- Banks and building societies
- Bicycle shops
- Building merchants and suppliers of building products and off-licences
- Businesses providing repair services but only if they primarily offer repair services
- Car parks
- Crematoriums and burial grounds
- Funeral directors
- Garden centres
We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights. Asda and Sainsbury’s issue stockpiling warning during lockdown
- Laundrettes and dry cleaners
- Market stalls selling essential retail
- Medical and dental services
- Mobility and disability support shops
- Motorway service areas
- Outdoor parts of botanical gardens and heritage sites for exercise
- Outdoor playgrounds
- Petrol stations
- Places of worship
- Post offices
- Public toilets
- Short-term loan providers and money transfer businesses
- Storage and distribution facilities
- Taxi and vehicle hire businesses
- Vehicle repair and MOT services
- Vets and pet shops
UK lockdown extension: Could lockdown be extended beyond February? [INSIGHT]
Is Halfords open in lockdown? [EXPLAINER]
Can I see my partner in lockdown? [EXPLAINER]
Is Wilkos open?
Wilkos is open during lockdown, as it sells essential supplies.
A notice on their website reads: “We’re open to support you and your families.
“At Wilko, you’ll find many essentials all in the same place, such as paracetamol and other over the counter medicines, toilet roll, bleach, anti-bacterial wipes, baby food, pet food, and products to help you look after your home.
“We’ll continue to work hard to keep you and our team members as safe as possible, and to keep the stuff you need on our shelves and available on wilko.com.”
Is The Works open?
Unfortunately, The Works is not open during this lockdown.
The retailer’s website reads: “The safety of both our customers and colleagues is something we take very seriously and COVID secure health & safety and social distancing measures will remain in place when we reopen to ensure the safety of everyone.”
However, their website remains open and the store is offering contact free home delivery on its products.
Source: Read Full Article