LEON EDWARDS will make the first defence of his UFC welterweight title in a mouthwatering trilogy fight with Kamaru Usman.
The Brummie's series decider with the UFC's former pound-for-pound king tops the bill at the O2 Arena on Saturday night.
Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman betting odds
Here are the latest winner odds for Leon Edwards and Kamaru Usman from Bet365.
- Leon Edwards: 2/1
- Draw: 65/1
- Kamaru Usman: 2/5
Best Bookies to bet on Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman
Here are our top rated UFC betting sites:
Previous Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman encounters
Edwards and Usman, 31 and 35 respectively, are no strangers to one another having already twice shared the octagon.
Usman dominated Rocky with his wrestling in their first encounter in Orlando, Florida, which he won via unanimous decision.
But Edwards levelled the score in their series with a viral and historic knockout in their rematch last August, which saw him become Britain's second-ever UFC champ.
Leon Edwards form
Birmingham bruiser Edwards hasn't tasted in nearly EIGHT YEARS – with his last defeat coming at the hands of Nigerian Nightmare Usman.
The slick southpaw is riding a 12-fight unbeaten streak, which includes wins over former lightweight champ Rafael dos Anjos and UFC legend Nate Diaz.
Kamaru Usman form
Usman goes into Saturday's showdown on the back of his brutal knockout defeat to Edwards, his first in nearly a decade.
The 35-year-old was on an incredible 19-fight win streak prior to that and was one fight away from tying Anderson Silva's UFC record of 16 straight wins.
Betting tips for Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman
MMA fans across the globe are torn with their predictions for the biggest fight UFC on UK soil, with many believing the fight could end in an early knockout, a surprise submission or another takedown clinic from the former champ.
Tip #1– Edwards to KO Usman
It's been a mere seven months since Usman brutally had his lights switched off by Edwards's history-making head kick.
And history has shown that fighters who come back less than a year after being brutally knocked out do tend to showcase weaker chins.
- Leon Edwards to win in Round 1 at 12/1 with BetVictor – CLAIM HERE
Bet £10 get £40
18+| Opt-in, bet £10+ at odds 2.00+ within 7 days. No cash-out. Get 3x £10 Free Bets on selected events. Plus a £10 Slot Bonus, selected games, and wager 20x to withdraw a max £250. 7-day expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply.
Tip #2 – Edwards to win
Britain's second UFC champion shocked fans by taking down and taking the back of Usman in their Salt Lake City rematch.
And he came perilously close to submitting the Nigerian-born American with a rear-naked choke after cutting through his submission defence like a knife through hot butter.
- Leon Edwards to win by KO, TKO, DQ or Submission at 9/2 with BetVictor – CLAIM HERE
Tip #3 – Usman to have the most takedowns
Usman's wrestling pedigree inside the octagon is almost unparalleled, offensively and defensively.
And given the fact he almost took Edwards down at will, it's pretty much a sure thing he'll secure the most takedowns in the fight.
- Kamaru Usman to have the most takedowns with Bet365
bet365 sign up
Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets
New Customers only. Bet £10* & Get £30* in Free Bets. Sign up, deposit between £5* and £10* to your account and bet365 will give you three times that value in Free Bets when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Free Bets are paid as Bet Credits. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs and time limits & exclusions apply.
How to watch Leon Edwards vs Kamaru Usman
- UFC 286 takes place at London's O2 Arena – the promotion's long-time home in the UK.
- The card takes place on Saturday, March 18 and will get underway at 6:00pm GMT.
- BT Sport Box Office will air the biggest UFC card on UFC soil, with streams being available online and via their mobile app
UFC 286 undercard odds – Bet365
- Justin Gaethje 7/4 | Rafael Fiziev 2/5
- Gunnar Nelson 2/9 | Bryan Barberena 11/4
- Jennifer Maia 11/8 | Casey O'Neill 8/15
- Marvin Vettori 1/3 | Roman Dolidze 2/1
- Jack Shore 1/6 | Makwan Amirkhani 7/2
- Chris Duncan 5/6 | Omar Morales 5/6
- Sam Patterson 3/10 | Yanal Ashmoz 11/5
- Muhammed Mokaev 1/9 | Jafel Filho 5/1
Odds supplied by Bet365 and are correct at the time of publishing.
Remember to gamble responsibly
A responsible gambler is someone who:
- Establishes time and monetary limits before playing
- Only gambles with money they can afford to lose
- Never chase their losses
- Doesn’t gamble if they’re upset, angry or depressed
- Gamcare – www.gamcare.org.uk
- Gamble Aware – www.begambleaware.org
For help with a gambling problem, call the National Gambling Helpline on 0808 8020 133 or go to www.gamstop.co.uk to be excluded from all UK-regulated gambling websites.
Source: Read Full Article