Lifestyle

Tory Lanez Reportedly Ordered Under House Arrest In Megan Thee Stallion

Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, and record producer Tory Lanez has been placed under house arrest while awaiting trial for the 2020 shooting of Megan Thee Stallion. A judge ordered on Wednesday that the Canadian rapper be subjected to house arrest and electronic monitoring until the trial, which is scheduled to start at the end of November.

A Los Angeles judge has ruled that Tory Lanez should be placed under house arrest, TMZ and CBS News Los Angeles report. The rapper and singer is facing assault and weapons charges after allegedly shooting Megan Thee Stallion in 2020. (Lanez has pleaded not guilty.) He will be under house arrest, starting this Friday, October 31, until the next court date. The trial is currently scheduled to begin on the morning of Monday, November 28.

Los Angeles police initially reported the incident only as shots fired, a woman with foot injuries, and a man arrested on a weapons allegation.

But Pete revealed a few days later that her foot injuries came from gunshots, and a month later said in an Instagram video it was Lanez who fired them. She slowly revealed more via social media in subsequent weeks.

RELATED: Megan Thee Stallion Says Tory Lanez Offered Hush Money After Shooting Her

“The way people have publicly questioned and debated whether I played a role in my own violent assault proves that my fears about discussing what happened were, unfortunately, warranted,” she wrote in an op-ed for The New York Times.

The day after he was charged, Lanez tweeted “the truth will come to the light” and “a charge is not a conviction.”

In April 2022, Lanez was handcuffed and taken into custody for violating a protective order preventing him from contacting or harassing Megan Thee Stallion, 27, or sharing pretrial information from the case. The rapper posted bail and was released several hours later.

While Lanez didn’t directly contact Megan Thee Stallion, Judge David Herriford said some of his tweets appeared to be clear messages to her, and he ordered Lanez not to mention her in any social media posts.

The judge ordered the house arrest after determining that Lanez violated the conditions of his bail by allegedly assaulting August Alsina in Chicago last month. Lanez is not currently facing criminal charges in Illinois as a result of the alleged altercation, per Pitchfork.

Prosecutors argued that the rapper be taken into custody without bail after reports emerged that Lanez was involved in an altercation last month with August Alsina in Chicago, though those charges have not been proven. The defense said that there was insufficient evidence that the incident had occurred.

Lanez has had his bail increased multiple times in the past, including for a surprise appearance at Rolling Loud Miami 2021 before Megan Thee Stallion performed, and another time for discussing Megan on social media.

READ NEXT: Brad Pitt’s Former Malibu Home Sold For $45 Million

Sources: Pitchfork, The New York Times, USA Today

Source: Read Full Article