BLACK Friday is now a major fixture on the shopping calendar around the world.
Here's everything you need to know about the 2022 event in the UK, including when it is and how to find the best deals.
- Shop Amazon Black Friday deals here
- Shop John Lewis Black Friday deals here
- Shop Oodie Black Friday deals here
- Save 45% off Simba mattresseshere
What was once just a one-day event from the US, has ballooned into grown a month-long influx of deals and discounts to take advantage of before Christmas.
Black Friday was originally the annual US-only shopping date that coincided with Thanksgiving celebrations.
Fast-forward to 2022, and it is now a global affair that sees tens of thousands of brands and retailers taking part.
Shoppers can pick up deals on any- and everything you can think of, with savings on tech, electricals, beauty, fashion and even household cleaning items.
This year Black Friday will fall on November 25, followed by Cyber Monday on November 28.
With the disruption of the pandemic over the last few years, many major retailers have chosen to launch sales at the beginning of the month.
Allowing bargain-hunters to space out purchases and have longer to shop around for the best deals.
It is also the ideal time to get the bulk of your Christmas shopping out of the way and make some handy savings.
It's too early to know how similar this year's event will be to previous years.
But with more consumers returning to bricks and mortar stores to do their shopping, could we see the return of queuing, cat fights and crushes on the high street like in years past?
You'll be able to stay up-to-date with all the latest Black Friday news and announcements right here.
You can also keep track of all the hottest deals and discounts by checking out our best Black Friday deals guide too.
Top Black Friday Deals Right Now
BLACK Friday is next week (Nov 25), but countless retailers have launched their sales already. Here’s our pick of the best Black Friday deals available right now:
- Emma Mattress, save up to 60% – buy here
- Oodie Hooded Blankets, £54 (save £35) – buy here
- All Saints – get 30% off EVERYTHING – shop here
- Sky Stream: Sky TV and Netflix, £25p/m (was £26p/m) – buy here
- Echo Dot 3rd Gen, £16.99 (lowest price ever) – buy here
- Shark Cordless Stick Vacuum, £199.99 (save £180) – buy here
- Simba Mattress, save up to 60% off – buy here
- Gymshark: save up to 60% – buy here
- No7 Ultimate Cosmetic Collection, £24 (save £28) – buy here
- Save 23% off EVERYTHING at The Ordinary – shop here
- 50% off Foreo UFO 2 device, £124 (save £125) – buy here
- MAC Full Size Makeup Gift Set, £39 (save £59.50) – buy here
To catch all the latest deals, head to our Black Friday live blog.
- We've rounded up all the best Black Friday deals here
- These are the best Amazon Black Friday deals
- Check out Sun Vouchers for more discounts
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is an informal name given to a day each year when retailers offer a range of highly-promoted sales.
It is one of the busiest days in the retail calendar and typically marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping period.
The shopping event originally began in the US, but in recent years has become an annual fixture in the UK and across the globe for retailers and shoppers.
When is Black Friday UK 2022?
This year Black Friday will take place on Friday November 25.
Black Friday always falls on the Friday after the annual US Thanksgiving holiday, which is celebrated on the fourth Thursday of November.
This year we predict competition for deals will be fiercer than ever before.
When do Black Friday 2022 sales start?
Last year many UK retailers kicked off a month-long run of deals from the start of November.
Big brands like Very, AO, Boots, Superdrug and eBay all launched their sales early.
Online retail giant Amazon also teased shoppers with early deals ahead of the official date.
Generally, if you are shopping online all Black Friday deals will be available from midnight onwards on November 25.
In the US some major retailers will open stores from midnight.
Some UK retailers will also follow suit, however British retailers have traditionally chosen to open stores at 5 or 6am to accommodate eager bargain-hunters.
More Amazing Black Friday Deals
- Best Black Friday deals
- Selfridges Black Friday deals
- Amazon Black Friday deals
- Currys Black Friday deals
- John Lewis Black Friday deals
- Argos Black Friday deals
- Very Black Friday deal
More Black Friday deals
Amazon Black Friday sale 2022: Deals launch TODAY
FILL YOUR BOOTS
Boots Black Friday sale 2022: Deals live including No 7, Fenty, Clinque
What will the best Black Friday deals be in 2022?
Amazon over the last few years has heavily slashed the price of its own-brand devices, so we'd bet that we will see this again for 2022.
The chain also offer pretty decent savings on its subscriptions, last year it offered three months of Audible membership for just 99p andthree months free access to Amazon Music Unlimited.
So look out for similar deals this time around.
We also predict many retailers will slash prices on Christmas gifting items to boost sales and help consumers, especially in light of the cost of living crisis and high inflation currently gripping the nation.
During the sales, online shoppers can also maximise their savings by signing up to a cashback site.
Sites like TopCashback.co.uk are free to join and offer money back on purchases made at hundreds of retailers, across all categories.
Also knowing exactly what you want to buy and doing a bit of research beforehand can also make all the difference.
How to get the best UK Black Friday deals:
Here are some shopping tips to help you nab the biggest discounts come November 25.
- Avoid impulse buys and make a list of what you want and need to buy during Black Friday and stick with it!
- Check the RRP of items you're interested in a few weeks before the sales start to compare discounts when they launch
- Compare prices of items between retailers as you may find it cheaper elsewhere and save yourself some extra cash.
- Use websites such as PriceRunner to check the cost of coveted items previously.
- Have a look at roundup lists from publishers – they'll have spent hours scouring the web for the best deals and will have done a lot of the research for you. Check out our list of the best UK deals here.
When do Black Friday 2022 sales end?
Strictly speaking, Black Friday is just one day.
But Black Friday deals tend to be released throughout the month of November.
Most brands wrap up their sales at midnight on Cyber Monday, which was traditionally the date when online deals launched. This year Cyber Monday falls on November 28.
It marks the end of the huge sale period before the festive season kicks in.
Is it Black Friday today?
Black Friday is on November 25th in 2022, which is this coming Friday.
The deals will usually last until Cyber Monday though, so don't worry if you've missed it. You'll have a second chance to pick up some bargains.
Where did Black Friday come from?
Thanksgiving is a federal holiday in the United States that originated as a harvest festival and has been celebrated on and off since 1789.
Many non-retail employees and schools have Thanksgiving and the following Friday off, creating a four-day weekend and increasing the number of potential shoppers.
The weekend traditionally marks the beginning of the holiday season ahead of Christmas and New Year.
The Friday after Thanksgiving came to be associated with shopping in the 1950s, though didn't gain the name Black Friday until later.
The tradition has spread elsewhere in recent decades, and is now marked in the UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, and a growing list of other countries.
Why is it called Black Friday?
The day was given its name as it is often the day that shops "move into the black", meaning they have enough money to cover their costs while reducing prices.
You can read more about the origins of Black Friday and the meaning behind the name in our guide.
More Black Friday Home and Lifestyle Deals
- Shark Black Friday deals
- Dyson Black Friday
- Ninja Foodi Black Friday
- Ring Doorbell Black Friday Deals
- Wayfair Black Friday
- Aldi Black Friday
- Dewalt Black Friday
- Black Friday advent calendar sales
- Black Friday wine deals
- Black Friday whisky deals
Find out what’s the difference between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and which day is best to get deals and discounts?
Here's where to find the best Nintendo Switch Black Friday deals.
You might also like our roundup of the best air fryer Black Friday deals.
Read more on Black Friday tech deals
- Black Friday TV deals
- Black Friday iPhone deals
- Airpods Black Friday deals
- Apple Watch Black Friday deals
- Hoverboards Black Friday deals
- Sky Black Friday deals
- BT Black Friday deals
Read more on Black Friday homeware deals
- Argos Black Friday
- John Lewis Black Friday
- Simba Black Friday
- Black Friday mattress deals
- Shark Black Friday deals
- Very Black Friday
Read more on Black Friday fashion and beauty deals
- Black Friday beauty deals
- Mulberry Black Friday
- Boots Black Friday
- Made.com Black Friday
- Jo Malone Black Friday
- Selfridges Black Friday
Sun Vouchers is your one-stop shop for every deal and discount code currently available from your favourite online retailers. Don’t click ‘buy’ until you’ve checked Sun Vouchers for a discount code to apply to your basket.
Source: Read Full Article