While the singing diva is presented with Best Female R’n’B/Pop Artist again this year, the ‘Bodak Yellow’ hitmaker is the only star who bags more than one award.
AceShowbiz -The complete winner list of the 2019 BET Awards has been announced following its live ceremony at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles on Sunday, June 23. Cardi B was the only one who bagged more than one award at the annual event, taking home two awards.
Besting fellow nominees that included Nicki Minaj, Remy Ma and Lizzo, the “Bartier Cardi” rapper once again won Best Female Hip-Hop Artist Award in addition to nabbing Album of the Year for her debut album “Invasion of Privacy”. Another musician who won the same category as last year was Beyonce Knowles, who notched Best Female R&B/Pop Artist Award.
In the male category, Best Male Hip Hop Award was posthumously won by Nipsey Hussle as Bruno Mars was announced as the winner for Best Male R&B/Pop Artist. On the other hand, Regina King was presented with Best Actress Award while Michael B. Jordan took home Best Actor. In the sport category, Stephen Curry (II) won Sportsman of the Year with Serena Williams bagging home its female counterpart.
There was also the special Lifetime Achievement Award given out during the live ceremony, with Mary J. Blige being named the honoree. Following an introduction by Rihanna, Mary delivered a moving speech, in which she explained her resilience both in life and career. Calling herself a “servant” despite being a “living legend,” she said, “Being a servant is not always glamorous or popular but it’s the job and the assignment I was given.”
She continued, “It’s because in order to be an authority, I had to learn how to come under authority because when the glory is placed on me I give it back to God immediately. This journey has always been bigger than me and my mission is not only just to survive right now, it’s to thrive and continue to make history while I do it.”
- Best Female R&B/Pop Artist Award: Beyonce Knowles
- Best Male R&B/Pop Artist Award: Bruno Mars
- Best Group Award: Migos
- Best Collaboration Award: Travis Scott (II) ft. Drake – “Sicko Mode”
- Best New Artist: Lil Baby
- Best Male Hip-Hop Artist Award: Nipsey Hussle
- Best Female Hip-Hop Artist Award: Cardi B
- Video of the Year: Childish Gambino (Donald Glover) – “This Is America”
- Video Director of the Year Award: Karena Evans
- Dr. Bobby Jones Best Gospel/Inspirational Award: Snoop Dogg ft. Rance Allen – “Blessing Me Again”
- Best International Act Award: Burna Boy (Nigeria)
- Best New International Act Award: ShoMadjozi (South Africa)
- Best Actress Award: Regina King
- Best Actor Award: Michael B. Jordan
- Young Star Award: Marsai Martin
- Best Movie Award: BlacKkKlansman
- Sportswoman of the Year Award: Serena Williams
- Sportsman of the Year Award: Stephen Curry (II)
- Album of the Year Award: Cardi B – “Invasion of Privacy”
- BET Her Award: H.E.R. (Gabi Wilson) – “Hard Place”
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Mary J. Blige
- Coca-Cola Viewers’ Choice Award: Ella Mai – “Trip”
Source: Read Full Article