Music

Meghan and Harrys dream to be like Obamas on Netflix falls flat

  • Bookmark
  • Get the best celeb gossip with the Daily Star Showbiz newsletter

    We have more newsletters

    Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's involvement in a Netflix documentary about their life together appears to have backfired as it takes precedence over their personal projects.

    The Duke and Duchess of Sussex initially did not have their Netflix documentary in the works, and wanted to make a programme painting them "like Barack and Michelle Obama", a royal editor revealed.

    The couple each have other projects lined up: earlier this year, Meghan worked on an animated series, while Harry was fully involved in the annual international multi-sport event Invictus Games for wounded servicemen.

    READ MORE: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's 'circle is small and world is lonely', says expert

    According to the Daily Express, their Netflix docu-series about their love story appears to have taken precedence over their respective projects.

    The Daily Mail's Diary Editor Richard Eden said: "The thing to remember is that Harry and Meghan never really wanted to do this project.

    "When they signed up for Netflix, it was to make a programme. They had this vision of sort of being like Barack and Michelle Obama and making very worthy documentaries.

    "That's already gone by the by. Harry's made a programme about his Invictus Project for injured service men. We don't have a broadcast yet planned for that.

    "And Meghan's big project, which was a children's animated programme called Pearl, that's been candled together."

    However, Prince Harry and Meghan's respective projects appear to have been overshadowed by the upcoming Netflix docu-series.

    Mr Eden said: "So, the first thing we're seeing is a reality show, a docu-series about them.

    "This has not been made by Archewell. This is very much a Netflix project," adding that the couple have not had a say over the series production.

    "For everyone, you can imagine Harry and Meghan being nervous about the reaction."

    The Netflix docu-series could be screened as soon as December 8, according to industry insiders.

    For more of the latest showbiz news from Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters here.

    Netflix reportedly spent $100million (£81million) on the series, which is expected to give royal fans a new perspective on the couple's love story.

    The series is reportedly going through changes, with an unnamed source telling Page Six the docu-series was once called Chapters, but no longer.

    The Sussexes had previously dropped the project's original director, Garrett Bradley, over disagreements and brought in Liz Garbus instead.

    In an interview with Variety, Meghan said: "We’re trusting our story to someone else, and that means it will go through their lens."

    READ NOW:

    • Meghan Markle and Prince Harry 'intended to humiliate' royal family with portrait
    • Royal expert says Meghan Markle is behind Harry's memoir and warns 'it's her I'm after'
    • Meghan Markle 'may be tiring of needy Prince Harry in face of couple's money woes'
    • Meghan Markle
    • Prince Harry
    • Netflix
    • Royal Family

    Source: Read Full Article