THE Crown fans have been given their first glimpse at the recreation of Princess Diana's iconic 'revenge dress'.
Actress Elizabeth Debicki is taking over the role from Emma Corrin for the fifth season of the hit Netflix drama, which will document the breakdown of Diana's marriage to Prince Charles.
One scene will recreate the moment when Diana attended a dinner at the Serpentine Gallery in Kensington Gardens in 1994 in a daring black mini dress.
The Christina Stambolian dress had a short hemline, sweetheart neckline and off the shoulder detailing and Diana teamed it with a pearl and gemstone choker.
The moment was significant as Diana attended the event on the same night a programme was broadcast which saw Prince Charles admit he had been unfaithful to her after their marriage had "irretrievably broken down".
Despite having split up two years before the moment, her outfit became known asthe "revenge dress" and now Elizabeth, 31, has had the chance to recreate it.
Elizabeth looked sensational in the black garment as she climbed out of a sleek navy car as extras in the crowd cheered.
Season five of The Crown will see Imelda Staunton take over from Olivia Colman as Queen Elizabeth II.
Back in September, the actress confirmed the series will return this month, appearing regal in her approach as she spoke to the camera, she said: "Hello, I'm Imelda Staunton, and I'm currently on the set of The Crown, where we have just begun filming season five.
"I'm delighted to be here, inheriting the role of Queen Elizabeth from two outstanding actresses. Most recently, the wonderful Olivia Colman, and who could forget the actress who originated the part, Claire Foy."
"I will do my utmost to maintain the very high standard that they set," the actress continued. "Hopefully I look calm, collected and capable. My stomach, meanwhile, is doing somersaults.
"On behalf of the cast and crew, we look forward to bringing you the next season of The Crown, in November, 2022."
The Crown is available on Netflix.
What’s on Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime?
Looking for a new Netflix series to binge or the best movies to watch on Amazon Prime? We have you covered…
- New on Netflix: The best series and films released every day
- The best movies on Netflix to watch right now
- The best series to watch on Netflix
- The most terrifying horrors to watch on Netflix right now
- The best documentaries to watch on Netflix right now
- The best comedies to watch on Netflix right now
- The best thrillers to watch on Netflix right now
- The best kids' shows on Netflix to watch right now
- The best true crime series to watch on Netflix
- The best movies to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series to watch on Amazon Prime
- The best series on Disney+
Source: Read Full Article