TV & Movies

Im A Celebrity camp set to be battered by storms before stars arrive

David Gest Best Of 'I'm A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!'

We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info

I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! fans have been looking forward to the reality series returning to the Australian jungle after two years. However, South Queensland, where the series is filmed was hit with a month’s worth of rain at the weekend, leaving ITV bosses fearing the camp could become a mudbath which the celebrities will have to be evacuated from. 

Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly will be hosting the highly-anticipated series when it returns in due course. 

Stars such as Olivia Attwood, Mike Tindall and Boy George are rumoured to be joining the celebrity line-up for 2022. 

However, Australia has been hit by widespread flooding throughout the year and the bad weather has continued as ITV bosses have been putting the finishing touches on the camp ahead of the show airing next month.

The heavy rainfall, which included 53mm on Sunday, has allegedly left bosses fearing the celebrities will have to leave the camp if similar downpours hit. 

A total of 96mm of rain fell from Saturday to Monday in the area.

To put it in perspective, from 1972 to 2000 October rainfall averaged 100mm for the whole month. 

Murwillumbah, a small town close to the camp across the border in New South Wales, was also virtually underwater in March with dozens of homes evacuated.

A source close to I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! said any more heavy rain in the next few weeks would pose problems for the show being filmed. 

They said: “The ground will be getting more and more saturated by the heavy rain and so we could do with some sunshine – that the show is famous for Down Under – to kickstart the series and avoid any setbacks. 

“The outlook for the next few days is looking better, but the weather can change quickly here, as we have seen in the past.” 

The I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here camp was evacuated in 2015 when thunder, lightning and torrential rain poured into the jungle.

The cast took shelter in the Bush Telegraph before returning to camp, later on, to continue with the rest of the series. 

DON’T MISS…
Ant and Dec address NTA win as Alison Hammond says she should’ve won [LATEST]
Ant and Dec issue apology as duo break silence after falling ill [UPDATE]
Chris Moyles ‘confirmed’ for I’m a Celeb plus all the rumours [INSIGHT]

The series is due to return on November 6, a week earlier than usual to avoid clashing with the World Cup too much which starts on November 21.

However, an ITV spokesperson said: “We’ll announce the start date for the new series of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! in due course.”

ITV has started promoting this year’s series, with an advert featuring Ant and Dec skydiving into the jungle before pulling their parachutes which read: “We’re back.” 

Ant and Dec announced earlier this year that contestants “from the last 20 years” are set to compete in an all-star series of the ITV reality show.

Dec said on Instagram: “Hello everybody, we’ve got news. It’s probably the worst kept secret in television but we can confirm we are doing a very special series of I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! in South Africa.

“It’s going to be your favourite celebrities from the last 20 years, who are going back in to do it one more time in South Africa.”

Rumoured celebrities re-entering the show include Lady C, Paul Burrell and Gillian McKeith.

I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! will land on ITV next month. 

Additional reporting by Mark Jefferies.

Source: Read Full Article