Thomas Markle, dad to royal Meghan, has accused her of being 'cold' and 'treating him worse than an axe murderer' in jail.
The Duchess of Sussexes dad hasn't spoken to his daughter in years after she reportedly cut him off despite his desperate attempts to make contact.
The 76-year-old has never met son-in-law Prince Harry, his grandson Archie, 2, and says he only found out about their newborn Lilibet's birth after their official announcement.
Thomas sat down with Australia's 60 Minutes to talk about his relationship with his daughter once again.
He said: “Of course it hurts, there are axe murderers in prison and their family comes to see them.
"I’m not an axe murder.
“I made one dumb mistake and I’ve been punished for it. This show they’ve been on, they talk about compassion, there’s no compassion for me, no compassion for my family, and no compassion for the world.”
During the show, he slammed Oprah Winfrey for "praying on weak" Harry, although he has never met him.
Harry and Meghan accused of 'misrepresenting The Queen's words' in GB News debate
Thomas insisted he was sorry for staging photographs with the paparazzi for cash before Harry and Meghan's wedding back in 2018.
But he added he feels he shouldn't keep being punished for his actions.
He compared himself to Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth by saying: "I’m not bitter, I’m confused. I just don’t have the answer. I want an answer. If I had done something terribly wrong that would be fine but I haven’t. I just want an answer.
Thomas Markle addresses Harry and Meghan directly in poignant TV interview
"I don’t know of anybody that’s that cold to do this, and now Meghan’s doing it to me and Harry’s doing it to his father.
"That’s a cold thing to do and it’s even more cold to do it to the Queen, who is in her nineties. That’s a cold thing to do.”
Over the past year, he accused Meghan of "cheapening the Royal Family" and turning The Firm into a "Walmart with a crown on it."
Like what you see? Then fill your boots…
There's MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps?
Well, we've got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they'll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
We'll bring you the inside track from telly expert Ed Gleave and soap specialist Sasha Morris. Oh, and your daily fix of Piers, Katie Price, Demi Rose and all your other Daily Star favs.
You can sign up here – you won't regret it…
He admitted that he still receives money from the snaps that helped end his relationship with the duchess, but claims he did them to 'repair his image'.
He insists he didn't sign up to it to hurt his daughter.
Earlier this year, the dad announced he planned to make a documentary about raising Meghan and life within the Markle family.
In March he threatened the royal couple with the vow he would talk to the press every 30 days until they agree to talk to him.
In the new interview, he said he hopes he can mend their rift and finally meet his grandchildren.
"August 4, 40 years ago, Megan was born by c-section and I was the first one to hold her in my arms,” he said.
“I fell in love with her and I’ve been that way ever since. I will be very disappointed if I don’t get to hold my granddaughter."
He was also disappointed to find out that Lilibet was born via the official statement, and wasn't told beforehand.
Source: Read Full Article