We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights.
Nicola Adams had to pull out of this year’s Strictly Come Dancing and will not be given a second chance to return next year. Earlier this week, the BBC announced Nicola and Katya’s departure but Strictly fans flocked to social media to beg the broadcaster to let the former Olympic boxer return in the future. However, show bosses have confirmed this will not be possible.
Nicola’s departure from the show was a topic of conversation on Friday’s edition of Loose Women.
Host Andrea McLean read out a statement from Strictly confirming the boxer won’t be back.
It read: “We announced before the series started if anyone tested positive from COVID they’d be out of the competition.
“If someone has to miss a week it’s called a bye and everyone gets one bye.
Read more: Anton Du Beke: Strictly pro’s warning from Len Goodman amid new role
“But contestants are not allowed to miss more than one week.
“They’re not allowed to re-enter the competition after they’ve taken part in the first episode.”
Many Strictly fans believed Nicola would get a second chance and follow in the footsteps of Jamie Laing.
Jamie was announced as part of last year’s line-up but pulled out when he suffered an injury shortly after the launch.
However, Strictly bosses pointed out Jamie didn’t participate in a live show in 2019.
The statement continued: “Jamie was allowed back because he was injured before he began training and appeared on the show.
“Nicola can’t come back because she will have an unfair advantage in the future as she’s now had weeks of training.”
Strictly fans slammed the decision, as one tweeted: “Sorry but if Nicola is banned from returning why was Maisie allowed to join when she’s already done a special surely that’s also an advantage??? Gosh strictly make it make sense.”
Shane Richie’s son says he ‘won’t bet’ on dad to win I’m A Celebrity [INSIGHT]
Beverly Callard’s co-star teases all-new I’m A Celebrity feature [INTERVIEW]
EastEnders’ Jessica Plummer’s naked shower fears ahead of I’m A Celeb [LATEST]
“Gutted that Nicola and Katya have had to leave #Strictly … GUTTED! Just saying…,” another shared.
A third wrote: “‘Nicola can’t return to strictly next year because she would already have experience and an unfair advantage’? So what about all those previous contestants who’ve had years of dance experience yet are still allowed to compete on the show?”
Katya and Nicola are now self-isolating separately following the latest government guidelines.
Addressing her exit, Nicola said: ”I’m absolutely devastated my Strictly journey has come to an end so soon.
“I had so much more to give and so many people to win this for!
“But I just want to say a huge thank you to Katya for being the best dance partner anyone could ask for.
“She pushed me way out of my comfort zone and it’s been an incredible experience.
“I’m gutted to be out of the competition but in these unprecedented times and as frustrating as it is, the COVID measures in place are to keep everyone safe, and I’m doing what I can to help.”
Strictly Come Dancing continues on BBC One on Saturday at 7.10pm.
Source: Read Full Article