TV & Movies

Strictly's Ugo Monye OUT of this week's show after nasty injury – but gets a free pass to next week

STRICTLY Come Dancing star Ugo Monye has revealed he will be taking a week out from the BBC dancing competition.

The retired rugby union player took to Twitter to reveal to fans that he was suffering from "back problems" that will force him to miss Saturday night's show.


Ugo, 38, revealed that he had been "advised by medical professionals" to rest up so that he could be "fighting fit" for week five of the competition.

He wrote to fans: "Unfortunately I’m not going to be able to dance this weekend on the show.

"I have a history of back problems which has always been managed under the guidance of medical professionals. Unfortunately this has been causing me some unwanted problems this week!

"I have been advised by medical professionals and with huge support from Strictly to get some treatment & rest to ensure that I can get myself back to full capacity and fighting fit for next week."

Ugo concluded that he was "gutted" to not be returning to the dance floor this weekend alongside professional partner Oti Mabuse.

"Wishing all the other contestants the best of luck & will be cheering them on from home," the star concluded in his Twitter thread.

Fans immediately flooded the comments section to wish Ugo better – and saying they hoped to "see him back on the dancefloor soon".

Others lamented how the series was "falling apart" after Robert Webb was forced to pull out of Strictly earlier this week.

"They're dropping like flies!" one fans wrote, as a second chimed in: "Losing two stars in a week is really frustrating!"

Comedian Robert, 49, and his professional dance partner Dianne Buswell released a statement confirming their departure due to his ill-health.

"Very sad to be leaving but didn’t really have a choice," he wrote to his fans. "I'm going to be just fine once I've had a good rest."

Thanking fans for their kind words, he concluded: "Very proud of these dances and will be forever in the debt of the luminous Dianne Buswell."

Robert added a series of photos of himself and Dianne, 32, both on and off the floor – including their week three 'The Muppets' themed dance.

In the comments, the Aussie pro dancer gushed over her partner, calling him "epic" as she told his following he "did her proud".

"You were epic, invoice is on its way to you!" she jibed. "All jokes aside you did me very proud. Specially that tango, one of my fave I have ever done [sic]."

The pair explained that the decision had to be made due to Robert's ill-health following major heart surgery.

Robert said in a statement: “I’m extremely sorry to have to announce that I’m withdrawing from Strictly Come Dancing due to ill health.

"Two years ago I had open heart surgery and although I believed I was fit enough to take on Strictly and its demanding schedule, it became clear that I had bitten off way more than I could chew for this stage in my recovery.

"I had begun to feel symptoms that led me to seek an urgent consultation with my heart specialist, and it was her view that it would be better for the sake of my health to step back from the show."


    Source: Read Full Article